• Today's Birthdays

1. Dink. (21 years old),
    2. Tokkor (19 years old)
Sign in to follow this  
Andre

Computer only boots on BIOS after crash

Andre    803

Hello there
So I was playing Rocket League and my computer randomly started lagging a lot and freezing and so it crashed (Blue error screen with the :(  smiley)
After that it wasn't booting up anymore, it kept saying it couldn't fix itself so I stopped it and turned it on again and now it goes into the BIOS screen everytime, I've checked around and couldn't find any solution, everytime I try something that fixed the same problem for someone it just doesn't work for me..

In the hope you can help me with this, thank you.

I have an ASUS Model R510J
Windows 10

Fruity    1010
40 minutes ago, LilsnappY said:

Your hard disk is broken if it won't even try to boot from it.

If that's the case usually you'd get an error saying something like "Boot device not found" rather than going straight in to the BIOS. This can be easily checked by looking in the BIOS at the boot order and seeing if your hard drive is being listed.

Booting into the BIOS is pretty strange and I've never had it before so it could be anything. The first step I'd take would be to test/replace the CMOS battery as it may be weak and not holding the settings. 

LilsnappY    769
1 minute ago, Fruity said:

If that's the case usually you'd get an error saying something like "Boot device not found" rather than going straight in to the BIOS. This can be easily checked by looking in the BIOS at the boot order and seeing if your hard drive is being listed.

Booting into the BIOS is pretty strange and I've never had it before so it could be anything. The first step I'd take would be to test/replace the CMOS battery as it may be weak and not holding the settings. 

Ye you're having a point there.

#!~ExteeL-    136

BIOS can be caused by a lot of stuff, some RAM not working, your HDD not working or any other thing just like fruity said. I suggest u try to change the HDD.

#!~ExteeL-    136
30 minutes ago, Reese said:

Don't change parts or you lose the warranty.

In case you have warranty, just go to them and let them check it.

Andre    803
4 hours ago, Fruity said:

I had found a solution on the net and I turned of the fast and secure boots and launched the CSM boots and that's exactly what happened it told me that there was no boot device found, so I had to go back into the BIOS using F2

2 hours ago, Reese said:

Don't change parts or you lose the warranty.

My warranty is over already anyway so yea..

But as I've never opened a lap/PC and didn't want to fuck it up even more as I don't know really a lot when it comes to the pieces inside and I'd probably switch everything and not know what is what, I went with it to the computer store today and they'll call me tomorrow or so and tell me what the problem is, and I'll oet you guys know about it when I get an answer, might help someone in the future.

So yea, thank you all for the advises!

Fruity    1010
7 minutes ago, Andre said:

I had found a solution on the net and I turned of the fast and secure boots and launched the CSM boots and that's exactly what happened it told me that there was no boot device found, so I had to go back into the BIOS using F2

Expected error if you enable legacy boot whilst using an OS installed on UEFI. Doesn't necessarily mean your disk is dead.

Anyway let me know what the store comes back with, would be interesting to know.

#!~ExteeL-    136
23 minutes ago, Fruity said:

Expected error if you enable legacy boot whilst using an OS installed on UEFI. Doesn't necessarily mean your disk is dead.

Anyway let me know what the store comes back with, would be interesting to know.

might not be dead, might have a problem in it which won't be fixed only by formatting it. Happened to me twice.

Andre    803

Here is what the guy said:

"So the technician saw it and he couldn't get out of the BIOS, because the hard drive, *poof*, crashed, it was dead, I don't know what happened but there was nothing he could do, he couldn't restore anything it was completely dead, so he changed it and.. [opens the lap and shows me the lap running] now you got a data less laptop, brand "new", *laughs*"

85€ and here is the laptop, back home

DriftboyZ    342
3 hours ago, Andre said:

Here is what the guy said:

"So the technician saw it and he couldn't get out of the BIOS, because the hard drive, *poof*, crashed, it was dead, I don't know what happened but there was nothing he could do, he couldn't restore anything it was completely dead, so he changed it and.. [opens the lap and shows me the lap running] now you got a data less laptop, brand "new", *laughs*"

85€ and here is the laptop, back home

Told ya, Same thing happened with me however some of my data was recovered which was in secondary partition.